Saturday 26 January 2013

Quinoa Patties


These patties were shared by a great friend Fi Tundulin.... looking forward to giving them a go!


Quinoa Patties (makes 8)
...
1/3 quinoa cooked by the directions on the packet then cooled
2 eggs, beaten
1 grated courgette*
1 grated carrot*
1/2 onion, diced
30g cheese grated (on a good day only for me)
2 tbs buckwheat flour (or your other GF favourite)

*I use whatever veggies I have in the fridge - these are just my favourites. Frozen peas and corn is another really easy one. The only thing that hasn't worked great has been beans... they don't cook fast enough... although I guess you could steam them first.

Mix everything up in a bowl until it is combined. It should be fairly sticky.

I cook mine in a dry pan in egg rings on a moderate heat, but they're also really nice cooked with a bit of olive oil in the pan. They take about 2-3 minutes a side. I always reheat them in a pan if there are leftovers - they go soggy and hard at the same time in the microwave.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment